Truss Edge, a technology company that has been founded to support the day to day portfolio management and reporting tasks of hedge funds and ETFs, is launching in Europe this week.
Truss Edge combines a technology offering for fund managers who need a front to back portfolio management solution combined with a highly experienced team of fund professionals who understand vanilla and esoteric financial markets.
Truss Edge was originally known in the US market as EDD Fund Services. Founded in 1998 by a global hedge fund to meet its own internal trade processing and post-trade requirements, EDD has grown its business over the years, serving hedge funds, CTAs and ETFs in the North American market and with a growing base of European clients. It is recognized for its expertise managing the processing and reporting needs of its clients.
Truss Edge provides seamless straight through processing with connectivity to counterparties and market data providers and a single source, robust processing platform. It draws on the company’s proprietary Safari technology, an end to end modular platform that can be adapted to the needs of funds of all sizes and has been operational for over 17 years.
Jay Duffy, CEO of Truss Edge, commented: “Fund managers around the world have been facing the prospect of increased reporting requirements for some time now, especially in the wake of the European MiFID II and EMIR directives. But beyond that, fund managers are also looking for trusted technology partners with the ability to scale up with them as they grow, who can deliver exceptional service and trade processing expertise on a day to day basis.”
Truss Edge brings several sought after services to the fund management industry, including:
- Comprehensive data management support for middle and back office operations
- OTC reconciliations and reporting with connectivity to the major pricing services
- Cost-effective, desktop order execution with low latency
- Three-way portfolio reconciliation linking to trading counterparties, including administrators, prime brokers, clearers and custodians
- A central portfolio data resource that can support the needs of other service providers – e.g. administrators, compliance consultants, investor reporting
Duffy added: “Truss Edge goes beyond being a technology solution for fund managers – part of our appeal is the depth of experience of our team of personnel. We work very closely with our clients to ensure that they get the maximum benefit from our services and our insights.”